Sunday, August 22, 2010

Firsts

While frequently I look forward to "firsts", I'm never exactly sure what to do.  And so it is on here.  I have been creating posts in my head about various subjects for some time now, but as I didn't have a blog, I did nothing about it.  Many times when I actually put words down, it helps even more to distill my ideas and feelings on subjects more than just thinking about them.  As complications in my life seem to be at an abundance right now, it is a good time to start.

The questions I have about this blog is what do I want out of it?  Or what do I want to put into it?  Why do I want to do it?

One of the largest reasons is the desire to create a network of people that share at least one common interest or thread in their lives.  Some of my problems are relatively common, but I don't feel comfortable with sharing them with random people I know IRL.  Some or the more recent issues that have been coming up with my 2nd son are rare.  I would love to be with others who are dealing or have dealt with similar problems (or at any case dealt with other rare issues so can understand my frustrations).  I have been mainly a SAHM for over 4 years, and have found myself struggling more to put together longer compositions since I have stopped writing daily at work.  This is to keep up some of my writing skills, admittedly writing a blog is very different than the type of writing I do at work but I still have to put down my thoughts in an organized manor.  I want to see how this whole blog will evolve over time.  And I want a written record to see how I evolve over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment