Saturday, December 26, 2015

The power of writing

On Friday, I officially was declining to talk about, or work on, several issues in my life. I'm taking a break from it for these 2 weeks of Christmas break from school for Pyrope and Obsidian. This has necessitated me to tell several people that I won't talk to them about issues until January 4th. For those that don't know me and the problems I'm facing, each wishes me a good break and that my problems will be gone or greatly minimized after my self imposed break. It makes me smile wistfully. I'm taking a break because I know that none of my problems will be going away any time soon. A couple are problems that waxes and wanes, but they are more lifetime issues. I just have the misfortune that all of them are in a season of waxing at the same time. With the major additionally situation of Obsidian's school closing at the end of this school year. It is my only issue that there is a clear end date to.

This break is mainly to strengthen me to make it until July. The number of issues and hurdles is daunting when I think about them collectively. The comments of wishes that things will be better come January from those who do not know much, and comments from others who know more that they hope I am finding releases and supports I need, I've been thinking about how I can do that. I was reading about how writing about your feelings has a positive impact on your view of the world, your problems, and yourself. And I came to the realization, I can write. I can write of the road that is so challenging. I don't know where this road is going, or how long it will be. I know it will change. I can live in the today that today is.

No comments:

Post a Comment