Saturday, October 1, 2011

The ironies of life

Last night, I was sitting in my living room.  And I just thought of how ironic the scene and situation was...

Obsidian was dressed up in his Halloween costume, Th*or complete with a hammer that is 1/2 the size of Obsidian.  My son who is/was 3 standard deviations below normal for growth has chosen to be the largest Superhero of them all.  This week I have been dealing with the problems of getting him the Incrlex that he has been on since early August.  He has started to grow since starting.  Problem being it looks like he will have to stop due to insurance and doctor issues.  His appeals have been exhausted.  I have not been impressed with his doctor's office.

I was writing a long email to Pyrope's kindergarten teacher.  Things have not been going well.  It was my second long email to her this week.  The level of communication I've had with the teacher is outside of cultural norms.  I don't want to be a 'problem' parent, but at the same time I feel to give Pyrope the best education, I need to do this.  I do like the teacher.  I like her a lot.  I hope that comes across.  The irony of that situation was I was talking on the phone with my sister.  My sister is a teacher.  She was calling me to ask advice and talk because a parent of one of her students was sending her multiple harassing text messages.  This was to the point my advice was to call the police.  The police's advice was that they are going to step up patrols around her and if it gets any worse for her to leave her city and stay with a relative for the weekend.  So here I am on a Friday night email my son's teacher (hopefully in an useful way) while talking to my sister who is dealing with a parent's communication that is a very negative situation.

So I just shook my head at life, and got the kids to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment