Friday, October 1, 2010

Slowly

The reasons I set goals for myself each year, and why I need to review my progress towards them, is clear this month.  They are goals because they are not something I'm doing now and I need to make an effort to change my behavior so I can reach them.  And I need to review my progress towards them because I don't necessarily make the changes, or maybe the correct changes to meet my end goal, just because I set the goal.  It is something I need to keep working on.

I didn't start running again.  I dropped a ratchet wrench and broke my toe. Then less than a week later because of how I was favoring the foot with the broken toe, I sprained my ankle.  This coming Monday I'm starting to run again.

Diabetes goals have cone somewhat the way of the running.  My A1C the when I went to the doctor earlier in the month was the exact same it was in June.  Blech.  I'm going to do a home kit of the test on my anniversary later this month.  I doubt it will be much lower, but I need to start testing more to start getting it lower.

So in this past month I lost 4 lbs.  I would have liked to lose more weight, but if I look at it seriously, I'm content with this pace of weight loss.  1 lb a week will get me to my goal in 30 weeks, more or less.  Looking at it that way, that isn't that long.  I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.

My book goal, and not reaching it for the month was a little bit of a shock.  Reading is such a good release for me, I'm somewhat amazed that I've slipped that far away from it that I'm struggling to reach such a low for me goal of 4 books a month.  I used to easily do that in under a week.  I was also amazed at the effort it was taking me to expand to new kids books.  My kids are enjoying the different books but it is so easy to just read the same ones over and over again.  There are so many books that we even own that I just haven't been dipping into and reading to them.  And they love getting a whole stack of different books when we go to the library.  So this one I have been able to do easily.

So I'm getting to my goals.  Slowly, with revisions of how I'm going to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment