Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

  1. Our new windows.  We turned on the furance this week.  It has not turned on nearly as often as it would have before we got the windows.  Cosmetically the windows didn't do much for the house (or me) but thermal regulation they seem to be making a huge difference
  2. Getting a great deal on Pyrope's new bike.  He really didn't need one, but he had been really wanting a bike with a flame job (think hot rod cars or motorcycles).  I found one that was used that was advertised as his size.  It wasn't, it was the next size up.  Not surprisingly, he figured out very quickly how to ride it just fine.  He is over the top happy about his new bike.
  3. Being allowed to park "on site" for work.  There is a lot of construction at work and as a consequence, not everyone can park "on site" (you still have a fair walk, but it is in walking distance).  The idea of having to take a shuttle (which sometimes they are full) to a remote lot just is not fun.  Particularly because this is going to be like this for a year.
  4. My mom and her baby sitting of my kids. It is awesome to have family that I trust to leave my kids with when I'm working, out on a hot date with my man, or doing something one-on-one with one of the kids.
  5. My slow cooker.  I love having meals ready for me when I come home from work.  On days that I am home, I just love how the house smells when I'm making a meal in the slow cooker all day.
  6. Sweatshirts.  They are my favorite article of clothing, and it is the time of year I get to wear them.
  7. Pyrope's laugh.  He has a great, infectious laugh.  Even when he was a baby and his nickname was "Stoneface", he always had a great laugh.  One day when I was dropping him off at preschool another mom stopped and made him laugh "because she just loves his laugh". 

No comments:

Post a Comment