Monday, November 22, 2010

This funny thing

I had a realization a couple of days ago.  About my diet and weight loss.

Things were going well.  Slow, but consistent.  Then I started coming up with excuses.  The predictable happened.  I stopped losing weight.  On the positive side, I didn't gain any back, but my slow loss stopped.  Imagine that.

I do want to get to my goal weight.  So that means one thing.  I need to start paying attention again.  I've also decided that I need to start running/working out on a regular basis.  I did really well until I did my triathlon.  Then I stopped.  I don't have a whole lot of desire to do another.  However, I know signing up for races does get me to work out regularly (there is an interesting series they do in the fall for 4 weeks... every Wednesday you have a 3-6 mile trail run on a different trail, the location/trail is only announced to you the night before the run... if you complete all 4 you get a t-shirt).  That and while I was waiting for the race to start, a lady stopped me and said that she had an insulin pump too and wondered how I could do the race and that she had thought about it, and her sister had encouraged her to try.  I told her to go for it.  That I was planning on finishing the race like everyone else.  One stroke at a time, one pedal at a time, and one step at a time.

This week is not err, the best, week to get back to my diet.  Thanksgiving, food prep for Thanksgiving.  But after that the excuse would be Christmas.  So tomorrow it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment