Friday, September 10, 2010

6-9

The weather has started getting cooler here.  So I got out pants for the boys.  The pants that fit Pyrope well in the spring are floods.  The ones that were long, barely fit for now.  They will be too short come Christmas time if not sooner I'm guessing.  No big surprise.  I then went to put on Obsidian's 6-9 months pants from the spring.  Hoping that they would be too small, not even being floods, but just too small.  I was day dreaming about having to get out the tubs of 12 month clothes (which I will have to anyhow because that is the size shirt he is wearing).  Um, no.  The 6-9 month pants fit well.  With more room to grow in than Pyrope has in the pants that were too big for in the spring.  I was so sad.  Obsidian has been making so many gains lately.  He is 20 lbs (and amazingly has never dipped below that point since reaching it, knock on wood).  He has started pedaling a bike (with some help, but at the beginning of the summer, he literally didn't have the ability to sit on it without falling off).  He has even taken a couple steps down stairs without holding on to anything (with someone right in front of him).  There have been a few times that he has walked down the stairs holding the rail without anyone around.  I thought, or I was hoping, that some corner had been turned and he was catching up.  All of the worries and concerns I've had would be memories.  A chapter in his and my life that I would look back on and think "Hmm, I wonder what was happening then" as a curiosity that had resolved itself and no longer needed my attention or concern.  At least for now, this chapter is still open.

No comments:

Post a Comment