Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

  • We got a small taste of spring this week.  Last week, the high was around 15 F if it was a warm day.  Yesterday it was 51 F.
  • The school psychologist who comes to Pyrope's class a couple times a month said he had a really good day when she saw him this week.
  • Wii fitness games.  Getting to the rec center as much as I need to doesn't happen.  I get bored with DVDs.  I will do Wii fitness games (I have a couple of different ones), the competitive nature helps me along (even if it is just against myself).
  • That I'm pretty much a person that can roll with the punches.  It takes quite a bit to really get me frazzled.  This was particularly useful this week at work
  • Finding a couple of books that I have really enjoyed.  It makes me want a No.ok or Kin.dle or something.  Our library still doesn't have a huge selection of eBooks, and I really am not a "buy books" kind of person, definitely a library gal.
  • Copies medical records of Obsidian's made it from where they are to where they needed to go.  One on the first try, one on just the second (which is really amazing that that particular one only took 2 requests)
  • That beef slow cooked with dill pickles really does come out good (I discarded the pickles, cut up the roast, put barbecue sauce on it, stuck it back in the cooker, then it made some mean sandwiches).  Particularly grateful it turned out well because I did it for the first time on a night we had guests over for dinner (I figure, there is always pizza if it was a colossal fail, but everyone liked it)
  • Spell check.  I'm a horrible speller, and if I didn't have it, my writing would not be nearly what it is.  First off I would purposely use smaller words versus the ones I really want to use.  Second, I would still have lots of spelling mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment