Sunday, June 19, 2011

That's my boy

Today, Jet was getting his small fishing boat ready to take out.  As I was at work, it was mainly him doing it with the boys running around (and a neighbor helping when he needed another adult's help).

The story I get when I get home is this (as combined by me, as each party told me their version of it, in of itself was amusing and a sign of each person's personality)

At one point, Jet was winching the boat back up onto its trailer (I'm a little unclear of why it was ever removed but I have long since learned to not ask too many questions).  Pyrope was sitting in the boat on one of the seats.  Obsidian was standing in the yard watching.  As Jet was winching the boat up more and more, Pyrope was laughing in delight.  Obsidian started to scream for Pyrope to get out of the boat.  "Out Pyrope! Out!  Pyrope! Pyrope!  You too high!  Pyrope not safe!  Get out!  Daddy stop!  Not safe!"  Jet continued winching trying to verbally telly Obsidian it was okay.  Pyrope continuing to squeal with delight and telling Jet he wanted to do it more.  Typically I am the voice of safety.  I guess Obsidian is following my footsteps (earlier this week, Obsidian explained to another child that he was carrying Pyrope's lunchbox with snack in it for camp because if Pyrope was carrying it, he would lose it.  Which would have been a very likely scenario.  This is also a case of the Jet-Pyrope vs Ruby-Obsidian similarities.)

That is my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment