Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

  • we are finally beginning to have more spring like days and less days with snow or temperatures that never rise above freezing
  • Obsidian screen for the schools is done.  He does not qualify with the 2 year old standards, he is close enough to qualify for the 3 year old standards she is recommending to have him screened again in August.  My goal was (before he turned a year old) that he wouldn't need any services by the time he was 3.  He is close.  He is still delayed gross motor wise, but he is close to being considered to not have a "educational disability"  (Um, don't ask about the cognitive portion, my dear child (and I do mean mine as it is something I would have done as a child, but Jet never would have) failed the 2 year old cognitive part as he was playing games but passed the 3 year old screen without missing a single item (until he refused to participate))
  • 10 years ago today I met Jet.  I spent the night in an ethics class.  One of the topics (which came up several times) was how/why it was unethical to date a student you are supervising.  In our dating and early marriage, this was an issue for us that we had to be mindful of (although when we were both in the same workplace, people were amazed to find out that we knew each other much less were dating outside of work).
  • that I really like Pyrope and Obsidian's pediatrician.  It really does mean a lot to have someone I really like in that position.
  • that I had nothing better to do for 2 hours on Saturday morning other than to go to the toy store and let the kids do whatever they wanted to.   And for my Nook to keep me amused.  I can only look at Thomas trains and Hot Wheels so long (which is significantly a shorter time than my kids).
  • that our family vacation is booked.  Last year, we weren't able to take one.  The year before we spent it visiting with family (which is fine).  This year, we have 7 nights, in a rustic cabin (i.e. it has 4 walls, a roof, a set of bunk beds, a double bed with a bunk over it, and electricity... no water, no toilet, no refrigerator) that is close to a large train museum.  Read previous statement of I'm glad I have my Nook.  It is coming fully loaded.  All will be happy.
  • I'm taking Pyrope to his first synchronized swimming show this weekend.  I'm thinking he will like watching it.
  • Pyrope is doing well with the reading lessons we have been doing.
  • Obsidian swam for the first time just using a noodle without anyone touching him (his teacher was a hand's breadth away, but she was not touching him)
  • to see the joy of Pyrope and Obsidian seeing the Cars from the Cars movie.  And the sense of amusement I got from taking pictures of people and couples in their 60's-70's with their camera phones so they could text them to their grandkids (it amuses me to see older people fully embrace technology, I don't have a camera phone, but senior after senior did... and were using them)

No comments:

Post a Comment