Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Continuing the unexpected

The question of accepting guardianship of our friends kids if anything should happen to both of them was surprising to me.  Really, Jet's reaction was as unexpected, at least in how quickly he made up his mind and how confident he sounded about it.  Or maybe more so it was I that was hesitating.

After a brief discussion of some of the logistics and why we are the choice, Jet simply said yes.  He had no problem with telling them yes, and if it were to happen to finish raising their kids.  He then asked what my view of it was.  When I told him my specific concerns, his response was short, simple, and to the point.  We would make it work.  Everyone would adjust.  It would be hard, but we could do it.  And should if the need arises.

So that is it.  A simple answer.  A promise that I hope I don't have to follow through on, but I will if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment