Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday

  • That spring has to be coming.  I have bulbs coming out.  It has not snowed in a week (it has been cold enough, but it hasn't precipitated at those times).  We will be outside soon.
  • Our plans for the summer are coming together.  And we are taking a vacation.  Part of it will be alone.  Which has not happened since Pyrope was 15 months old.  Part of it friends will be joining us.  Which will be fun as well.
  • Pyrope is doing so well learning how to read.
  • Obsidian's objections to his daily shots now consist of stating "No shot today" when I announce it is time to get into jammies.  No crying.  Rarely a whimper.  Just the nightly statement.  I wish we didn't have to, but I will be grateful if it turns out that he has one of the very few forms of dwarfism that has a treatment that is more than a reaction to complications.  I'm grateful he has adjusted so quickly, and really is accepting of it.
  • Farmers' Markets.  The one that sells my lemon cheese reopens this coming Saturday.  There is going to be a new one much closer to my house, but it doesn't start until late May.  If the lemon cheese people are there, I might be in trouble.
  • There is not supposed to be any thunderstorms today.  This is a first for 5 days.  My kids aren't afraid of thunderstorms, but it puts them into a funk.  A serious funk.  Don't ask about Friday and the weekend.
  • 3 more weeks of ice skating then we are done for the summer.  I don't know why, but that is the lesson that is most tedious for me to take my kids to.  If Pyrope didn't love it so much, I would so not be doing it.
  • That I started a blog.  Writing, or even preparing in my head what I would like to write, is comforting.  Particularly for complex issues that I don't know what exactly my view is, or how or who I would like to discuss it with in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment