Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

  • The flooding in our finished basement was minimal.  It was only at one end, and was not sewer issue, the water literally come up through the floor.  Many, many of my friends and neighbors (some just a house or two away) were not so lucky and had a couple of feet of water in their basements with everything totaled (furnace, hot water heater, exc, exc)
  • After today, Pyrope is not going to weekly speech therapy.  I was the one who initiated it stopping for the time being but he is doing much better.  If he keeps up momentum, he will not need to restart.  I'm thankful he is doing well enough I can choose to do this.  And I'm thankful that I don't have to go weekly and entertain Obsidian in the waiting room for an hour.
  • Options.  I'm tired of my job, but really I have options of where I can go.  I just need to decided that I really want to move on, and what I want to do.
  • That I really like Obsidian's PT, on many levels.
  • Getting out to see plays with just Jet on close to a monthly basis.  Last month we didn't due to the weather.  This month, the weather was good enough, and on top of that the play was good.
  • Slow cookers.  I love the smell of food cooking in it.  And I love dinner being done without a whole lot of time spent immediately before the meal.
  • That diesel trains can not steal the alphabet from us because they are machines and we make them work.  And that after a 10 minute discussion, I convinced Obsidian of this as well so he could fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment