Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

  • That my kids love spending time with my mom, and that my mom loves spending time with my kids.  This week, Pyrope and Obsidian's friends (sisters, one is each of their ages) came over to play.  The popular request by all 4 kids was to have Grandma come over and play with them.  She did.  Fun was had by all.
  • Shrink art.  I loved making it as a kid.  This week I introduced it to Pyrope and Obsidian.  They really didn't "get" it until they watched the first projects shrink in the oven.  We have since made a host of shrink art.  It is still cool.
  • That I choose to see the patient that we were all dreading seeing.  It was what we were expecting, except I got to meet her visitor.  I was reminded why I do like working Hospice (I'm not now, but I have in the past)
  • That Pyrope is able to take ice skating lessons with the teacher he currently is.  She only teaches on Wednesday mornings, but he can make it at that time for now.  She is a fabulous teacher, and Pyrope does well with her.
  • That I have a friend that I can say most things that come into my head without fear of judgement.  I don't have to censor much at all.
  • Pyrope slept through the night this week, or at least didn't wake anyone up.  This is a first.  Ever.  He will be 5 in a few months.
  • The new radio station around here.  It plays and eclectic mix of music.  I like it.  I now have something to listen to other than NPR in my car (my CD player only sometimes works, and I can't plug in my MP3 player in my car)

No comments:

Post a Comment