Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I don't feel much like being "thankful", which all the more reason I need to do this.  I mentioned being in a snarky mood to my BFF, she said, she knew and I had been that way for a while.  And I have.  I don't feel like I've been completely under a black cloud, but more like it has been a while since I've been really in the sun.  And I would really like to be in the sun.  Without further ado, my list for the week.

  • As of today, the swim lessons at the rec center issue is resolved and done.  It was the error of a person at the front desk.  The girl in Pyrope's class should not have been allowed into it.  She will not be allowed to sign up for another session of the lessons until she is 3.5 years old.  I didn't necessarily want to have her not be allowed to take more, but I wanted equality.  Really I feel the situation was handled well.
  • To have my Nook.  I do like it in many ways.  It is much more convenient to take with me, and particularly when my elbow is bothering me, it is easier to hold that than a physical book.
  • That I found out that Jet is supportive, very supportive, of the idea of homeschooling.  It was not in my original plans, but it is definitely on the board and a real possibility at this point.
  • That I'm researching my options for homeschooling now, not when it is a crisis.  I'm getting a very good feeling of what my options are.  And there are a lot of options.
  • That I get to listen to Obsidian's chatter.  He is talking more and more.  At times it is really amusing to listen to, sometimes it just makes good stories.
  • That there has been no further flooding in our basement.  We had another rain then snow then rain to melt all the snow cycle this week, and all was dry (in our basement).
  • That I have a bouquet of flowers on my kitchen table.  I haven't had one for quite a while.  I bought them for myself but I still like looking at them and having them (I was buying some for my mother and decided I should have some too)
  • That the big move at work is soon to be complete.  The official last day can not be any later than the 28th, but I think it will be sooner.  I'm not really happy with the change, but how long it has dragged out to make it has made everyone miserable, and really just extended the time that everyone was miserable.
  • That this St. Patrick's Day, I should be able to comfortably enjoy time outside.  That is not the case many years.
  • That most likely, Pyrope passed not one but two levels of ice skating this time (he won't find out for sure until next week after testing, but his teacher said that she thinks he will pass 2 levels).  This means he can start ice hockey.  Ever since he saw an ice hockey game on the TV during the Olympics last winter, it is all I have heard about.  He wants to play ice hockey (and watch it too).  At our rink, you have to pass a certain level of basic skating prior to starting hockey (he did 2 sessions last spring, it didn't fit in during the fall, and now another 2 this winter).  This session, something really clicked and he has progressed so much.  To say he is excited about the prospect is an understatement.
As usual, I discovered that I really do have a lot more to be thankful after I start.  

No comments:

Post a Comment