Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

This week this does not seem to be a daunting task like it did last week.  This week still was a long one, but for some reason I'm in better spirits for the most part.  I think part of it is I was thinking about my reading.  No negative books for me right now.  It is either non-fiction learn about a concept or something positive, uplifting, inspiring me.  Or just plain fun fantasy (which I typically don't like).  But this is what I'm thankful for:
  • MIL has now completed 4 of her 6 rounds of chemo.  Although the first 2 rounds, she did not take 1 of the drugs, so I don't know if they are going to extend it so she gets 6 rounds.  Irregardless, she has made it this far.  And this is good.  It was not Jet and my working assumption that she would make it this far.
  • I am officially done with early intervention for Obsidian.  His transition meeting was held.  I have issues with the school district, but I don't feel they are the complete idiots like I was dealing with for his early intervention.  It is hard for me to believe that Obsidian will be 3 in a few months.
  • Pyrope's ice skating teacher got her grand jury deffered to May.  This means she will be teaching next session.  She is a good teacher and Pyrope is learning a lot from her.  Pyrope is not quite as excited about this as he is not going to straight up hockey classes, but has one more session that is more on the basics of skating.  Since she learned of Pyrope's goal of hockey, she has spent part of each lesson teaching them very basic hockey (as in how to move the puck across the ice, how to catch the puck with your stick, how to keep the puck with you while skating backwards).  In the long run, I think he is much better off with this teacher for 6 more weeks.
  • This week, the snow has melted, I see signs of my daffodils coming up (I have tried multiple other bulbs, but everything else seems to get eaten).
  • The weather was nice enough for Pyrope to ride his bike to school one day this week (I won't mention what the weather was like the following day).
  • We had a... nice... meal at a restaurant.  It was a fundraiser meal for a group I do a lot with the kids, and we met with some friends (who are not part of the organization).  Pyrope and Obsidian had a great time talking with our friends at our table, and running to various other tables with and talking with their friends (one of the quotes was Pyrope running up to a friend "L, I haven't seen you in so long!!!  I missed you", Um, Pyrope, you were with her 2 hours ago at school).
  • Jet is fine with me homeschooling if that is what I choose to do.  Actually that is his first choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment