Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thoughts of a picture

I am not one for painting my walls different colors.  I don't "do" white, but my walls for the most part are pale colors.  Sometimes I think about painting them more vivid colors.  But I never do, the neutral pale colors are more my style.  My comfort zone.

However, I have to have decorations on my walls.  Rooms and hallways have a tendency to have themes.  Most rooms, well at least many, are decorated by prints that someone I know has taken (with a handful of ones taken off of flickr to supplement). 

2/3 of our basement is playroom.  It is the only room of the house we left as white (all but 3 rooms of the house were painted entirely in white when we moved in, walls and ceilings in the same color, it was dreadful, although one of the rooms that was painted in color was even worse, but that is a different story).  Nothing down there is glass (as previously noted, it is a playroom.  Balls and other objects are regularly thrown down there).  On the walls are 16 x 20 black and white prints in poster frames (all plastic, simple black frames).  Each print is a snapshot of a child or children blown up to a 16x20.  All children related to my children (i.e. my husband and his sister, me and my brother, my other siblings, my parents as children, Jet's parents as children, and even a couple of our grandparents as children).  I took a picture of Pyrope when he was about 6 months old, and that is down there.  However, I have not thought of a good picture to take, or have randomly taken and thought would be perfect, of Obsidian.  Yesterday I was cleaning down there and putting back up two of the pictures that had been knocked off the walls, and with Obsidian driving trains over my feet as I was doing this, I decided.  I need a picture of Obsidian playing with trains.  It is my mission for the week.

It is funny how this has been lurking in my head for so long, that it came with an odd surge of relief, just to know what I want a picture of him doing.  I'm not sure why it is so important, as it isn't very expensive so I can really change it whenever I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment